What were the most Trending #Hashtags of 2020? Let’s Diggin!
How do you define news and trends in 2020? It’s with the existence of the word ‘hashtag’! Since twitter is the new network for interaction, knowledge and being updated with the trends, we will take you to the latest hashtags that rules twitter in 2020.
3.81 billion people are active on social media in 2020, 330 million uses twitter daily. Starting the day with news is one fine way to be guarded with what’s happening around you. But you know what makes these twitter hashtags special? It is the way they will catch your interest without you even being tried for that.
Twitter hashtags are always around whether its sports, entertainment, politics, or technology.
Manish Maheshwari, the managing director of Twitter recently said “Being the year it has been, conversation on Twitter in 2020 was unique. From the fight against this global pandemic, rejoicing in celebratory moments, standing up for those communities impacted by the pandemic to bonding over rediscovered shows, interests and memes, India came together beautifully on Twitter this year.”
He further added that Twitter will make sure to be the voice of people and will try to be a platform for global interaction making people aware of the newest trends.
Let’s quickly grab the most retweeted hashtags in 2020
Current affairs shall be everybody’s first interest and here are the three most tweeted hashtags in 2020.
- The most used twitter hashtag for 2020 is #covid19. Tweets about COVID-19 are sent every 45 milliseconds. Most of the people used this hashtag and also searched the news about vaccine, know what’s happening globally, new reports about the healthcare practices, and consult doctors. Twitter also announced their own #covid19 related portal to inform people bringing latest information from Who and Ministry of Health and Welfare of India.
- The second most used hashtag was #sushantsinghrajput. As the late actor’s death brought a virtual apocalypse in India, twitter flooded with #sushantsinghrajput #sushantsinghrajput and #justiceforsushant. Fans came together to show their solidarity and demanded justice for their favourite actor and in no time, the hashtag went to the top ten twitter trends. The other hashtags related to the same news was #arrestrheachakraborty #justiceforrhea #wesupportrhea. As Rhea Chakraborty was the point of interest after she was accused of being involved in the murder, #arrestrheachakraborty was trending on twitter.
- #hathras was the third highest used twitter trends in 2020. After a Dalit girl named Manisha Valmiki was raped and murdered in Hathras and her body was cremated in midnight, the news took all over the internet.
The three most used entertainment hashtags are-
- The very first trending hashtag on twitter when it comes to entertainment in 2020 was #DilBechara. Dil Bechara is a movie starring Late Actor Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi. Sushant fans expressed their love for the movie and it became the most watched Indian movie of the year.
- The second most used hashtag was #SooraraiPottru. The movie SooraraiPottru starred Tamil Actors Suriya and Aparna Balamurali.
- The third most trending hashtag that ruled the twitter this year was #SarileruNeekevvaru. After the movie SarieruNeekvvaru released, fans of Mahesh Babu, Rashmika Mandanna, Vijatashanti poured all the love.
The three most used sports hashtags are-
- #IPL2020 was the hashtag that ruled twitter in 2020. This year the Indian Premier League was the topic of interest and cricket fans celebrated IPL on twitter making #IPL2020 the most retweeted tweet of the year.
- Chennai Super Kings became the topic of interest this year. #WhistlePodu became the second-most tweeted hashtag in 2020 after because of the cricket fans.
- #ICCWomen2020 was yet another most tweeted hashtags because of T20 women’s world cup which created a buzz on social media.
Since 2020 is about to end and we are talking about most used hashtags, here are the five hashtags around the world that we think are important.
- #Blacklivesmatter after death of George Floyd became the twitter trend with 8.8 million tweets and raised the issue of racial discrimination at another level.
- #Narendramodi was yet another hashtag that was most used when he announced to light diyas catering respect to the front-line corona warriors.
- #studentlivesmatter was another most used hashtag as students from all around the country and some part of the world demanded to withdraw ongoing examinations even during pandemic.
- #farmerprotest trends on twitter after the central government decides not to revoke the three farm bills.
- As US elections left a mark this year with Biden dethroning Trump, #TrumpleaveAmerica was one of the most used hashtags.
If you too have interest in knowing about what were the trends in 2020 and suddenly a hashtag became trending for days or weeks. Check out Checkbrand’s analysis on who became the most trending personalities during the year on https://www.checkbrand.online/ in detail.
- Digital Marketing
- Science and Technology
- What's Trending
- Trending News
- Viral Videos
- Youtube Trends
- Social Media Ranking
- Twitter Trends
- Google Trends
- Top Cricketers
- Top Influencers
- Best Campaigns
- Google News
- Realme Pad Specifications Teased, Will C...
- MARKETS: Sensex Down 300 Pts, At Days Lo...
- Afghanistan Crisis Live Updates: NIA Chi...
- Women Will Be Admitted To NDA, "Historic...
- Taliban's New Education Minister Says Ph...
- India's T20 World Cup Selection Question...
- New JioFiber Quarterly Broadband Plans I...
- Explained: How Your Cat Got Its Stripes...
- Who Is Aesha Mukherji? All You Need To K...
- Long Live Test Cricket While We've Virat...